Terms and Conditions
Check-in & Boarding
1. Your booking confirmation number (six digit alphanumeric code on your confirmed booking) and proof of identity (any of these VALID ORIGINAL forms of Identification are accepted: RSA ID book; RSA driver's license; passport; or temporary ID or Passport) will be required when checking in. We DO NOT accept copies of identity or temporary travel documents, whether certified copies or not, as proof of identity.
2. Check-in desks open 2 hours before scheduled departure time and close 30 minutes before scheduled departure time for domestic flights and 45 minutes before departure for regional (over border) flights. Operational and safety constraints prevent us from checking in passengers outside of these time periods.
Passengers are advised to check in 90 minutes before scheduled departure time.
3. Seat numbers will be allocated at check-in.
1. No tickets will be issued for travel.
2. The Booking Confirmation provided to you will quote a Unique Booking Confirmation Number.
3. Your Booking Confirmation/VAT Invoice together with our Terms & Conditions of Carriage constitute the terms of your contract with Fly Go-Air.
4. Airport levies, value added tax and insurance surcharges imposed on air travel by Government or other authorities are included on the tax invoice provided with your Booking Confirmation. For regional flights please refer to section 21.
5. A reservation is only valid and confirmed after payment has been received. The heading of such a booking is TAX INVOICE AND BOOKING CONFIRMATION.
6. A preliminary reservation awaiting payment is headed PROFORMA TAX INVOICE AND BOOKING CONFIRMATION.
This is not a confirmed booking and will only be confirmed on receipt of payment. Upon receipt of payment in full, a TAX INVOICE AND BOOKING CONFIRMATION will be received confirming the preliminary reservation and payment.
1. Reservation changes may be made up to 48 hours before departure of the booked flight.
Changes may be made on our through our call centre, or at any of our airport offices.
A R250 Change of Reservation fee, plus the difference in fare if applicable, will be charged per flight subject to availability.
If the fare on the new flight is lower than the original fare, no refund will be issued. The above is also applicable to name changes.
2. Charges for reservation changes may only be settled at the airlines ticket offices. Passengers requiring to pay cash for Reservation changes, would need to make the changes at the Fly Go-Air ticket offices located in the applicable airport.
3. A passenger that fails to check-in within the allocated time (between 2 hours and 30 minutes on national flights and 45 minutes on regional flights, before scheduled departure time) will be regarded as a no-show and will forfeit their seat and the portion of the fare that is allocated to that leg of the flight reservation.
A no-show is not entitled to a refund.
1. After confirmation of a reservation, no refunds will be granted under any circumstances, apart from the following: If a flight is cancelled by Fly Go-Air; If Fly Go-Air is unable to honour the passengers reservation resulting in the passenger being denied boarding.
2. Where a passenger elects to claim a refund for a denied boarding or cancelled flight Fly Go-Air will effect a refund to the passenger's credit card account or issue a refund cheque, as applicable.
3. Refunds are not permitted where a passenger failed to check-in within the allocated time (between 2 hours and 30 minutes for national flights and 45 minutes for regional flights, before departure time). This constitutes as a no-show.
4. Refunds for bookings made in a foreign currency will be calculated on the original exchange rate at the time of booking calculated back to the base currency being South African Rand.
1. In the unlikely event that Fly Go-Air is not able to provide a seat for a confirmed booking the airline will, at the passenger's election, refund all monies received in respect of the ticket, or place the passenger on the next Fly Go-Air flight.
2. The airline will not provide meal or accommodation vouchers or accept any further liability for denied boarding, delayed flights or changes in flight schedules.
1. Where a flight is cancelled due to reasons caused by weather conditions, air traffic control, technical, operational reasons, industrial unrest or an Act of God, Fly Go-Air will, at the passenger's election:
refund all monies received in respect of the confirmed reservation
place the passenger on the next Fly Go-Air flight, subject to seat availability.
2. Fly Go-Air will not accept any further liability for cancelled flights.
1. Checked baggage is limited to 20 kg, plus one piece of hand luggage, limited to 7 kg, provided the hand luggage fits into the aircraft overhead bins.
2. Excess baggage will be charged at R30 per additional kilogram carried at domestic airports within the Republic of South Africa.
This charge may vary at airports outside of the Republic of South Africa. The local airport office will provide details of the cost on enquiry.
3. Dangerous articles must not be carried in baggage. These include and are not limited to: flammable goods, poisons, gas cylinders, corrosives, infectious substances, firearms and explosives.
4. Dangerous or sharp articles as included and not limited to the following list may not be carried on board as they could be used as weapons: toy guns, cutlery, knives in any form, scissors, syringes, Leatherman or other pocket multi tool kits, blades and nail clippers.
5. The carriage of firearms is strictly prohibited.
6. Live animals may not be carried as checked baggage nor onboard the aircraft.
7. All sporting equipment is included in the 20Kg checked baggage allowance.
Lost and Damaged Baggage
1. Baggage must be adequately secured to protect its contents.
2. The airline will not accept responsibility or pay compensation for damage caused to items protruding from or attached to bags or for damage caused as a result of badly packed bags.
3. Baggage is designed to protect its contents, as such Fly Go-Air will not accept liability for damage to items such as zips, handles, wheels or for 'wear and tear' on any baggage.
4. Any claim for missing items or damaged baggage must be submitted to the airline within 24 hours of the arrival of your flight.
5. Fly Go-Air will not accept liability for losses or damages to valuable items such as but not limited to: cellular phones, jewellery, laptops or other computer equipment, electronic items, cash, credit cards, spectacles, sun glasses, and fragile or perishable items packed in baggage.
6. Lost or delayed baggage must be reported immediately on arrival at the destination airport. Passengers will be compensated for lost baggage to a maximum of USD 20 per kg of checked-in baggage.
7. No compensation will be paid for delayed baggage.
8. Fly Go-Air reserves the right to trace any missing baggage for 14 days from the reported loss.
Fly Go-Air takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Fly Go-Air chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
Fly Go-Air may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
This website is run by Fly Go-Air (Pty) Ltd